Friday, July 13, 2012

Hutch in "French Linen"

This old hutch was really in perfect condition when I found it.
The finish was dull in spots, and just needed a little update...
"BEFORE"
Aaaaand........"AFTER"
Painted in Annie Sloan's "French Linen"
with clear and dark soft wax finish,
with oil rubbed bronze cup pulls and knobs.

French Linen is one of my all time favorite colors, I just love it!
(I had to redo the drawers twice, because I didn't realize the wood filler didn't quite take the first time....)

And who knew my dad had such awesome old books at his house?
Score!

                                                                         {SOLD}

Have a wonderful day!



Linking up to:











8 comments:

  1. That French Linen is SUCH a pretty color!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. French Linen is such a lovely color. I'm working on a piano bench with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooooo! LOVE! I keep meaning to order some French Linen and then always get sidetracked by blues and whites. Such a gorgeous color! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Danielle! I'm so happy to have found your blog. You have so many great projects here. I am getting so much inspiration!

    -Lane

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a beautiful color. I love the way you distressed it, too.

    I found you via Miss Mustard Seed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Danielle, thanks for leaving your comment on my blog,I'm your newest follower. I really love your love for grey and also your two tones of wood/paint on most of your pieces. I've checked out your past projects and you are a talented lady and not to mention that you take some really great pictures. You'll have to put a post just on that. can't wait to see what you have in store.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, this is gorgeous. What a fantastic transformation :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. do you mix the dark wax with a glaze? How do you get so much wiped off? I have done my kitchen cabinets but the dark wax stays on so much heavier.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!