Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Dresser in Graphite and Wood

I came upon this dresser at a storage unit sale in Rigby.
The woman said the unit it had been stored in, leaked,
causing major water damage and warping on top of the dresser.
The one "before" photo I have, doesn't show the full extent of the damage...
 
 
The top was wavy and falling apart,
But amazingly, the rest was in terrific condition.
 
So with lots of Mark's help on this one,
we were able to give it new life...
 

We wanted to reuse the wood from the original top,
so with the help of a joiner, and a planer, Mark got it back together.
It's not perfect, there are some scars hinting at it's former life...
but it's looking pretty darn good, if I do say so.
 
 
I painted the bulk of it in Annie Sloan's "Graphite."
When I sanded the front panels, they were just too gorgeous to cover up,
so I just sealed them and let them be...
 
 
 
 
Have a wonderful and peaceful day!
 



Linking to:


6 comments:

  1. You've made me love wood again single handedly!!!
    This is out of this world gorgeous - beautiful job
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! the color is awesome with the wood- just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a beautiful job! I love the Graphite with the exposed wood grain! So pretty! Stopping over from Primitive and Proper.

    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this!! I saw your feature on Primitive and Proper. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!